You are not logged in.

#76 2007-08-16 02:09:55

jack_sparrow

Re: Ginza Tailor: A Three-Hour Tour

Fantastic article, Twin Six. Very well done.

From my dipping my toes into the waters of Japanese Trad they are miles ahead of us and thought little of what we had to offer in our Tradly discussions.
They did not buy for one minute the idea that they were being informed of the secrets of Trad by those who really knew.
What stood out for them was all the bickering & politics and just how joyless it all was over here. Not "Young at Heart" (one of the Van company's slogans) at all!

"However, it is we of the moderator corps that
ended up handling the hundreds of Post Reports your previous - and
legendary - trolling managed to generate."

#77 2007-08-16 03:41:35

Twin Six

Thanks, Capt'n Jack.

I imagine Japanese Trads are extremely devoted and join together with like-minded people to pursue rigorous authenticity in their clothing. I can just picture little circles of Japanese Trads poring over archives and distilling every last salient detail of a particular look. Japanese are obsessively detail-oriented. I imagine they would get very impatient over the desultory blather about lifestyle and such that goes on over at Trads In Cyberspace.

#78 2007-08-16 04:17:09

jack_sparrow

"However, it is we of the moderator corps that
ended up handling the hundreds of Post Reports your previous - and
legendary - trolling managed to generate."

#79 2007-08-16 13:02:09

Cruz Diez

Twin Six, I enjoyed the article.

Is the suit really that structured? In your last pic the fit looks excellent and the construction does not appear stiff in any way.
I like my suits close fitting but still with enough space around the waist to put things in the inside pockets and to be able to sit down in comfort without unbuttoning. What's your fit preference in this regard?

#80 2007-08-16 16:32:22

Twin Six

It's just more structured than I'm used to, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as stiff. Still, a suit needs a bit of body to achieve that lapel roll. The fit is close enough to look good without compromising the pocket space. I regularly carry my fountain pen, a Japanese folding fan, a sterling card case, and my cell phone, none of which show or compromise the drape. The balance is really excellent.

#81 2007-08-19 23:17:36

Vaclav

TS,

I like the personal, touch of the article , ending with the wine.

#82 2007-08-19 23:30:26

Twin Six

Thanks, Vaclav. I think you would like that wine bar, though they serve not, oysters.

#83 2007-08-19 23:36:28

Vaclav

#84 2007-08-20 14:43:11

Cantabrigian

#85 2007-08-20 22:22:12

Twin Six

Thank you. One of my aims was to be the one guy in a grey suit who stands out from the thousands of other guys in grey suits. I'm very pleased to have succeeded. This suit gets lots of compliments, and best of all, it seems to magnetically attract pretty women.

I wish more Japanese guys paid greater attention to the fit and coordination of their suits. Of course, I suppose the percentage of guys who can dress really well is the same in Japan as most places, but you certainly see some suiting horrors. It's all the more to the credit of the guy from the Tokyo office who was wearing such a great suit.

#86 2007-08-21 05:35:26

Cantabrigian

#87 2007-08-21 08:07:56

Tony Ventresca

Just read the latest article, and it was very enjoyable and informative.
This is exactly what doesn't get done on the other fora.
And we are better for it.

Thanks,

TV

Board footer